Monday 15 August 2016

Term 3 Olympic learning




This term I have been  learning about the Olympics and we got to choose an athlete on a special internet website called the NZ Olympic website.

  So  we can see a bunch of cool athletes from the Olympic website. I chose a cool boy and his name is Dylan Schmidt and he is 19 years old and his sport is trampoline gymnastics. The Olympics is a very special moment of the year and it happens every 4 years then a few years to practice then it goes on again. The Olympics starts at the 5th of August ever year. In the Olympics there are 5 things also named as the 5 Values. The 5 values are Excellence, support, friend ship, difference and determination.

It has been the Olympics and wow the Untied states and Japan had a tie of the same amount of medals Hungary and Australia also got the same amount of medals they both got three medals.  Argentina,Belgium,Vietnam, Russia, and Thailand all got one medal in the Olympics. South Korea got 2 medals. In the swimming Olympics that was on Sunday  In the Morning at about 6 something the United states and Australia one of them I think the united states won. I went for Australia because my sister is there and she lived there I would of gone for NZ but I don't think any of NZ were there.

Here is some information about my athlete:
The first trampoline in the Olympics was built by George Nissen. Did you know that In the Olympics people had drugs so they could cheat in the Olympics?
Dylan has only won 1 silver medal and he was also the first trampoline to go in Olympics and it was Dylan’s first time at and in the Olympics. In the Olympics you can only do 10 different moves or 17 if you want to. Something that challenged me was finding Information about the Olympics. The part that was tricky was putting my information in my own words once I found the information.
I learnt that In the Olympics they have something called the Olympic torch.Also I learnt that they have something called the Paralympics and that is for people that have spinal cord Injures.


1 comment:

  1. I like the bit were you say the dylan ROCKS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete